Who Decides: The Order of B.C. Advisory Council
Each year, OBC honourees are selected from hundreds of nominations submitted by people across the province and around the world.
Appointments to the Order are made by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council (Cabinet), on the recommendation of the Advisory Council.
Members of the council include:
• The Chief Justice of British Columbia – Chairperson
• The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly
• The President, in turn, of British Columbia’s Public Universities, for a two-year term
• The President of the Union of British Columbia Municipalities
• The Deputy Minister, Intergovernmental Relations Secretariat
• Two past recipients of the Order